RUSSIFICATION IN THE GERMAN COLONIES IN THE TERRITORY OF UKRAINE IN THE 19TH - EARLY 20TH CENTURIES
This study highlights the issue of Russification in the German colonies, which took place in the 19th century. The lower boundary corresponds to the start time of active introduction of Russian language in German schools, which was due not only to the policy of the tsarist government, but also the initiative of the colonists. The upper boundary corresponds to the start time of the revolution of 1917 and radical change in the government policy on foreign immigrants. The article examines the main reasons that prompted the German colonists with their indoor lifestyle to start actively studying and implementing the Russian language in the German colonies which had been living in isolation and had little contact with locals for nearly a century. remained. The article gives examples of the introduction of the Russian language in particular German schools. The study highlights the difficulties which the colonists met with trying to encourage the rapid spread of the Russian language among Germans. The article concludes that the Russification of the colonists had a positive impact on the Germans especially because the colonists could interact with the local population as well as with the authorities much better.
2. Derzhavnyi arkhiv Kharkivskoi oblasti (DAKhO). – F. 238, op. 2, spr. 797, 79 ark.
3. DAKhO. – F. 304, op.1, spr. 3066, 197 ark.
4. Korf N.A. Doklad chlena Mariupol’skogo uchilishchnogo soveta barona Nikolaya Aleksandrovicha Korfa Mariupol’skomu uezdnomu zemskomu sobraniyu / N.A.Korf // Narodnaya shkola. – 1875. – № 1. – S.25-30.
5. Korf N.A. Nashi pedagogicheskie voprosy / Baron N.A. Korf. – M., 1882. – 410 s.
6. Korf N.A. Otchet o nachal’nykh narodnykh uchilishchakh III-go uchilishchnogo uchastka Aleksandrovskogo uezda za 1867/68 uchebnyy god / N.A.Korf // Zhurnal Ministerstva narodnogo prosveshcheniya. – 1869. – № 1. – S.50-140.
7. Klaus A. Nashi kolonii: opyt i materialy po istorii i statistike inostrannykh koloniy Rosii / A. Klaus // SPb.: Tip V. Nusval’ta, 1869. – 455 s.
8. Kulynych I.M. Narysy z istorii nimetskykh kolonii v Ukraini / I.M. Kulynych, N.V. Kryvets. – K.: In-t istorii Ukrainy NAN Ukrainy, 1995 – 345 s.
9. Serhiichuk V. Nimtsi v Ukraini / V. Serhiichuk // Ukrainskyi svit. – 1993. – 340 s.
10. Friesen, E.Dyck (Peters), G.Bergen. Memories of Grigorievka. – CMBC Publications. - Winnipeg, Manitoba. – 1998. – 100 с.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.