KOBZAR IVAN KUCHUGURA-KUCHERENKO – MYTHS AND REALITY
The article examines the life and creative path of a talented musician, the unique kobzar I. Kuchugura-Kucherenko. Attention is drawn to those moments of biography that are not true. The life and creative path of the representative of the unique phenomenon of Ukrainian ethnic cultures traced on the basis of archival sources, publications and museum objects. Such an analysis revealing the true state of affairs became possible only after the proclamation of Ukraine's Independence, when scientists, researchers and interested people were able to use archival sources and publications without Soviet totalitarian censorship. The author, on the basis of elaborated recent sources and an example of the figure of I. Kuchugura-Kucherenko, in forms the reader about the destruction of ethnic culture by the Soviet imperial regime. The end of the 80's of the XX century was marked by active processes for the revival of national culture, and kobzarism was no exception. Therefore, during the creation of the museum exhibition in Pereyaslav, a tremendous collection work was carried out. During this titanic work, a series of decorative porcelain vases were commissioned at a factory in Polonne, Khmelnytsky region. This series was designed by artist Kozak Nikolay Ivanovich. It also included a vase with a portrait of Ivan Kuchugura-Kucherenko. It is still in the exposition of the Pereyaslav Museum of Kobzar Crafts. Apart from the portrait image, it has an inscription Ivan Kuchugura-Kucherenko (1878 – 1943). The year of death is not true, because at the time of creation of the vase the archives were not available, it was still a Soviet era. Even after the proclamation of Ukraine's Independence, we have information that the kobzar was actually executed in 1937. But in order to hide the crimes of the Soviet authorities, such false information was provided. It was accepted that І. Kuchugura-Kucherenko died during the German occupation.
2. Кобзар І.І. Кучугура-Кучеренко [до його виступу в Сумах]. URL: http://history.sumy.ua/research/article/8898-kobzar-kuchuhurakucherenko-do-ioho-vystupu-vsumakh. html (дата звернення: 15.01.2019).
3. Мішалов В. Україна молода. – 807. URL: https://www.umoloda.kiev.ua/number/1197/163/42533/ (дата звернення: 10.01.2019).
4. Філарет Михайлович. Мелодії українських народних дум. АН Української РСР, Ін-т мистецтвознав., фольклору та етнографії ім. М. Т. Рильського. Київ: Наук. думка, 1969. 586 с.
5. Хоткевич Г. Там, де не колеться трава. Львів: Апріорі, 2017. 224 с.
6. Центральний державний історичний архів України у м. Києві (далі – ЦДІАК України), ф. 2052, оп. 1, спр.1284.
7. ЦДІАК України, ф. 2052, оп. 1, спр.1397.
8. ЦДІАК України, ф. 2052, оп. 1, спр.1399.