The contribution of M. Duhov and Zh. Kotin in the tank building and the development of new tractors because of the needs to recover the national economy (1939-1950.)
The article describes the advances in tank development during the war and the impact of this experience on the creation of the newest tractor equipment. This achievement of military vehicles most fully refl ected in average of tank T-34, which was subsequently recognized as the best tank of the Second World War, and heavy tanks KV and IS. It is the experience of the Second World War, accumulated during the production and evolution of heavy tanks KV and IS was used to build tractors KT-12 and S-80 under the direction of famous designers Zh. Kotin and M. Duhov. These tractors have the great importance for the development of tractor construction and rehabilitation works in the country. Therefore it is not surprising that the development of this equipment was entrusted to famous designers of tanks Zh. Kotin and M. Duhov. Using the KT-12 was provided the national economy with wood necessary for recovering the country’s economy, and the S-80 became the fi rst universal tractor, which could be used in various sectors of the economy. In addition, these tractors were replaced in the factories to peace time production of tanks. S-80 became the fi rst peace machine, which produced former giant tank (Tankograd).
2. Kotin Zh.Ya. Trelevochnyy traktor KT-12 / Zh.Ya. Kotin. – M-L., 1950.
3. Losika O.A. Stroitelstvo i boevoe primenenie sovetskikh tankovykh voysk v gody Velikoy Otechestvenoy voyny / O.A. Losika. – M.: Voenizdat, 1979. – 414 s.
4. Matiiko M.M. Yevhen Oskarovych Paton (Vydatnyi vchenyi, spetsialist u haluzi zvarky i mostobuduvannia, Heroi Sots. Pratsi (1870-1953)) / M.M. Matiiko, O.I. Korennoi. – K.: Derzhtekhvydav URSR, 1961. – 120 s.
5. Orlov V.A. Vybor / V.A. Orlov. – M.: Politizdat, 1979. 112 s.
6. Popov N.S. Kotin Zhozev Yakovlevich, o nem. Konstruktor boevykh mashin / N.S. Popov i dr. – L.: Lenizdat, 1988. – 382 s.
7. Sergiychuk V.I. Tankovyy korol Rossii / V.I. Sergiychuk. – K.: Nichlava, 2005. 236 s.
8. Sergіychuk V.І. Mikola Dukhov. Serіya bіografіchnikh tvorіv, zhittya slavetnikh / V.І. Sergіychuk. – K.: Polіgrafkniga, 1975. 160 s.
9. Tovazhnyanskiy L.L. Tankograd: Istoriya. Lyudi. Sobytiya / L.L. Tovazhnyanskiy, E.E. Aleksandrov, L.M. Besov, I. Aleksandrova. – Kh. : NTU «KhPI», 2004, 236 s.
10. Naukovo-doslidzhennia spivrobitnyka Komisii pro politychni ta ekonomichni osnovy vidrodzhennia promyslovosti v khodi Velykoi vitchyznianoi viiny» // Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshchykh orhaniv vlady ta upravlinnia Ukrainy, f. 4620, op. 3, spr. 3, ark. 11.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.