BOOKISH PERIODICALS OF THE SOVIET UKRAINE IN THE 1920S.
This article analyses the publication and functioning peculiarities of the bookish periodicals in the 20s of the 20th century in the context of social and cultural background of that period. It was estimated that bibliography was one of the branches which had not been influenced by the propaganda. There are several bibliographical issues that give us opportunity to recreate the history of the national publishing business: «Knyha» (Kharkiv, 1923-1924), «Bibliolohichni visti» (Kyiv, 1923-1930), «Litopys ukraiinskoho druku» (Kharkiv, 1924-1930) etc. These magazines were universal. They contained different kinds of information, including bibliographical and critic reviews of the new literature as well as articles devoted to the book’s history and current state of publishing business in Ukraine. In the 1920s all these bookish and bibliographical periodicals reflected the achievements of the Ukrainian scholars and practitioners, contributed to the development of bookish, bibliographical and related to them branches, professional skills enhancement of the experts on these fields, solving of theoretical, organizational and methodical problems of the publishing
business. These journals also contained chronicle materials about publishing houses activity in Ukraine.
2. (1923), Vydavnychi orhanizatsii Ukrainy. Kharkiv [Publishing organizations of Ukraine. Kharkiv], Knyha [Book], №1, P. 53-54.
3. Vovchenko, Y.A. & Kahanov, Y.Ia. (1972), Na zare ukraynskoho sovetskoho knyhovedenyia: Ukraynskaia knyhovedcheskaia peryodyka 20-kh hodov [At the dawn of the Ukrainian Soviet bookish periodicals: Ukrainian periodicals in the 1920s], Knyha. Issledovanyia i materialy [Book. Researches and materials,. Is. ХХІІІ, Moscow, Book. 23, P.142-160.
4. (1965), Knygha i drukarstvo na Ukrajini [Book and publishing in Ukraine] / Editor. P.M. Popova, Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 315 p.
5. (1985), Knygha y knyzhnoe delo v Ukraynskoj SSR: Sb. dok. y mat. 1917-1941 ghgh [Book and publishing business in the Ukrainian SSR: proceedings of materials of 1917-1941], Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 478 p.
6. (1923), Knyzhkova produktsiia na Ukraini v 1917-1922 rr. [Book production in Ukraine in 1917-1922], Knyha [Book], №2, P. 66-67.
7. Kozachenko, A. (1927), Knyzhkova produkcija USRR (1923-1926) [Book production of the USSR in 1923-1926], Bibliologhichni visti [Bibliographical news], № 2, P. 24-45.
8. (1986), Presa Ukrainskoi RSR: 1918-1985 : stat. dovid. / ukl. N. V. Pohonets; Kn. palata URSR im. I. Fedorova [Press of the Ukrainian USSR: 1918-1985: statistic guide], Vyd-vo TsSU URSR, Kharkiv, 218 p.
9. Radlev, V. (1923), Nekotorye itohi deiatelnosti Hosizdata Ukrainy za 1922 hod [Some activity conclusions of the State publishing office in Ukraine in 1922, Knyha [Book], № 1, P. 22-24.
10. Solonska, N. (1998), Periodychni vydannia Natsionalnoi biblioteky Ukrainy (1919-1998). [Periodicals of the National Library of Ukraine in 1919-1998], Bibliotechnyi visnyk [Library journal], №5, P. 38-44.
11. Soshynska, V. (2004), «Khronika» na storinkakh fakhovoi periodyky pershoi polovyny XX st. (ohliad publikatsii) [“The Chronicle” in the specialized periodicals in the first half of the 20th (publications review)], Visnyk knyzhkovoi palaty [Book palate journal], №7, p. 50-52.
12. Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshchykh orhaniv vlady i upravlinnia Ukrainy [Central State Archive of Ukrainian Government and Management], F. 166, Op. 4, Spr. 964, 624 р.
13. Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshchykh orhaniv vlady i upravlinnia Ukrainy [Central State Archive of Ukrainian Government and Management], F. 166, Op. 5, Spr. 76, 145 р.
14. Tsentralniy derzhavniy arhiv gromadskih ob’ednan Ukrayini [Central State Archive of Ukrainian public’s unions], F. 1, Op. 20, Spr. 1779, 93 р.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.