Prince Menshikov’s «Protektsiant» Jacov Ileyko: the face of the Russian administration in Ukraine after the Great Northern War.
In the article on the example of the superintendent of Prince A.D. Menshikov Jacov Ileyko estates the peculiarities of Russian administration of lands belonged to the noble lords and statesmen from the environment of Tsar Peter I. It analyzed a number of little-known archival documents, which constitute the bulk of litigation on a petition of the population of Pochep and Baklan hundreds. The petitions were expressed complaints of Menshikov administrators’s abuse. At the beginning of the XVIII century, and especially - after the defeat of the troops of the Swedish king Charles XII at Poltava in 1709, Russian landlords began to pay attention to the Ukrainian territory and to show interest in learning them. Land plots on the territory of the Hetmanshchina were rewarded by the Tzar for the various services to the state. However, there were also illegal seizure of territory, as well as violence against the local population for the purpose of profi t, which led to serious confl icts between the pleasant men and the Cossacks on the one hand, and Russian managers – on the other.
2. Pavlenko N.I. A.D. Menshikov. / N.I. Pavlenko. – M.: Nauka, 1981. – 198 s.
3. Troitskiy S.M. Russkiy absolutism I dvoryanstvo XVIII v. / S.M. Troitskiy. – M.: «Nauka», 1974. – 395 s.
4. Tsentralnyy Derzhavnyy Istorychnyy Arkhiv v misti Kyivy (dali CDIAK). – F. 51. – Op. 3. – Spr. 309.
5. CDIAK. – F. 51. – Op. 3. – Spr. 864.
6. CDIAK. – F. 51. – Op. 3. – Spr. 1047.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.